Experience 5 Years
Job Category Computer/Internet
Qualifications Experience can substitute degree
Work Remotely Yes, always
Esusu Financial is the leading financial technology company building solutions to financial access and inclusion. Our flagship Esusu Rent product enables renters to build credit by making on-time rental payments while helping landlords improve property performance. Esusu was founded in 2016 by Abbey Wemimo and Samir Goel as a result of their personal experiences with financial marginalization in the United States. To-date Esusu has raised ~$4m in capital with top-tier impact and venture investors including Acumen Fund, Concrete Rose Capital, The Global Good Fund, Impact America Fund, Kleiner Perkins, Next Play Ventures, Sinai Ventures, Zeal Capital Partners and others.
Esusu’s mission is to dismantle barriers to housing for working families. The firm’s vision is to use data to eliminate the racial wealth gap.
Esusu is the leading financial technology firm capturing rental payment data and reporting it into the credit bureaus. Historically rental payments have not been incorporated in consumer credit scores leading to a fundamental disparity between home-owners and renters. Access to credit (or lack thereof) also plays a significant role in many of the structural inequalities we see in society today including the racial wealth gap. However with legislative changes and a shift in strategy from the credit bureaus, this rental payment data is now accepted into credit bureaus. Esusu has built the market-leading platform to capture, transform, and report this data into the credit bureaus at scale by partnering with large multifamily owners/operators. Concurrently we provide tenants with a mobile application to view their credit score, check their rental history, and connect with additional service providers.
The ability for consumers to build credit from rental payments is an important one, enabling the 45 million+ thin or no credit file consumers to have a pathway into the financial system. This can enable an individual to save $200,000 in lifetime interest payments, qualify for mortgage loans, and pass job screening requirements. The transformational impact of this cannot be understated.
- Lead the architecture of complex software and application development
- Communicate business requirements, criteria and needs to software development teams to solve business problems
- Evaluate technical standards and tools for a project and select the optimal path for the development team
- Quality assurance testing segments of project code
- Write segments of code as applicable
- Direct the work of a team of junior developers
- 5 + Years of full stack software development experience using modern programing languages
- 5 + years of AWS Lambda/Kubernetes or equivalent deployment platform experience
- BS in related field or equivalent work experience
- Expert in scalable infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Proven history of making high level software design choices for a rapidly scaling company
- Experience implementing and managing DevOps practices and solutions
- Systems design experience
- An eye for detail and consistency – you catch errors quickly and understand how the pieces of a project relate to one another
What We’re Looking For
- Small Company or Startup Experience
- Self-starter with perpetual learner’s mindset
- Ability to think strategically but also jump into the weeds to get things done
- We not I, mentality
- Someone with a strong point of view backed by data/experience
- Competitive Salary – for Seed/Series A startup
- Restricted Stock Units (RSU)
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Fitness/Gym Stipend
- Commuter Benefits
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Remote Work Friendly – While you may need to come into the office on certain days, we trust you to manage your work and deliverables. As long as quality work is being done, you can choose the environment that works for you.
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Mission driven company with strong culture