Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 4 Years
Job Category Marketing/Advertising/PR
Qualifications Experience can substitute degree
Work Remotely In office required
DivInc is seeking a highly creative and collaborative Marketing Director that will lead the executive team, staff, partners, and contractors to develop and execute on the marketing strategy for the DivInc brand in an effort to grow our sponsorships, donors, pipeline of entrepreneurs, and partnerships both in and outside of Texas.
The goal of our marketing is to effectively capture and share stories and multimedia content that 1) moves people to take action (signup for programs and events, donate, and sponsor) , 2) supports the needs of the startup founders in our programs, 3) recognize and show gratitude for our supporters, and 4) grow DivInc into a national brand, all to effect systemic change.
DivInc core values for our team members:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of life
- Participate and lead in creating strategic operations, utilizing the DivInc brand voice, and creating a strong inclusive community
- Proactively develop and look for best practices to progress the DivInc mission through each of our roles
- Lead the creation, curation, and execution of a strategic marketing plan for the DivInc organization across all priority geographies and objectives
- Lead, collaborate with, and manage DivInc marketing managers, contractors, platforms, and other resources to execute the marketing strategy, build out marketing operating procedures and templates, and help team members grow professionally
- Craft, edit, and curate brand-driven content for social media, blogs, press releases, newsletters and all priority channels
- Remain active on social media channels to engage and grow a consistent, meaningful presence and exchanges with our community, and to meet quarterly goals
- Maintain an effective monthly newsletter
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media outlets
- Write and edit copy for website, marketing campaigns, emails, etc. as needed
- Plan, promote, and manage DivInc’s strategic events
- Promote successes of DivInc alumni and portfolio companies
- Provide data-based insight reports on weekly and monthly marketing goals
- Develop and promote annual Impact Report
- Share your ideas about how we can best engage with our stakeholders
- Engage with sponsors through marketing channels, sharing their “why” and showing our gratitude
Everyone who thinks they would love this role should apply! Example characteristics of a great candidate might include, but are not limited to:
- You are highly effective in successfully leading and managing marketing projects through others
- You love amplifying the voices and stories of others
- You understand the importance of tracking and visualizing data to inform strategy and decision making
- You love project management and thrive in a deadline-centric environment
- You feel confident and excited when working in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Media or related work
- You have proven organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- You care deeply about the importance of spelling, grammar, voice, kindness, and all other details in marketing content
- You like process and data that helps you execute and measure return on campaigns
- You are self-motivated to produce high quality work that you’re proud of
- You feel confident and empowered when using social media platforms
- You’re driven by making an impact and supporting the community
Option for healthcare benefits
In-office in Houston, TX or Austin, TX.
DivInc is a non-profit organization, based in Austin, TX, that provides best-in-class startup programming for underrepresented founders. The mission of DivInc is to bridge the gap between underrepresented entrepreneurs and the resources they need to build profitable, scalable companies.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. DivInc is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.