As the Event Marketing Manager on the B2B marketing team, you’ll develop and manage unique events, experiences, and field marketing programs to drive B2B demand and raise awareness about Calm for Business. The role will primarily focus on digital events for the majority of 2021, but will expand to include more in-person events when safe to do so. In addition to developing Calm-hosted events, you will lead our efforts to grow Calm’s presence at key industry events and conferences. As the first events-focused member of the B2B marketing team, you’ll play a major role in driving B2B growth and bringing the Calm for Business brand to life through unique and creative events.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and manage our event marketing program and design unique experiences — online and offline — to build our Calm for Business brand and generate demand
- Test into different online events formats — such as webinars, conferences, live meditations, workshops, and more – to identify and then scale top performing strategies
- Create educational, inspiring, and memorable experiences for the HR community that create interest in Calm for Business, build a strong connection to our brand, and generate advocacy and word of mouth growth
- Partner cross-functionally with other members of the marketing team to identify opportunities to leverage events and online experiences to amplify the impact of their programs and campaigns
- Help to develop and implement our strategy for external events and conferences, working cross-functionally across marketing and sales to ensure a strong presence at key industry events
- Work closely with designers, copywriters, content marketers, and other creative partners (internal and external) to develop the content and assets for different events programs
- Help to develop effective tracking and reporting across all events initiatives to ensure we are measuring impact, gathering learnings, and continually improving
What You Bring:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in events and field marketing
- Minimum of 1 years in working at B2B or B2B2C technology companies
- Highly organized, structured, and detail oriented. You are an expert at managing complex projects, balancing the needs of diverse stakeholders, sticking to tight timelines, and nailing all the details.
- Proven events manager. You have led the development and execution of online and offline events and experiences.
- Great communicator and cross-functional partner. You are great at building relationships, connecting the dots between different teams, and keeping everyone on the same page with clear and regular communication.
- Proactive and self starting. You actively seek out opportunities to solve new problems and can independently work towards creating solutions.
- Adaptable and flexible. You are an expert at navigating ambiguity and thrive in dynamic work environments.
- Results focused. You don’t build processes just for the sake of it. You’re a problem solver who uses structure and process to help teams move faster and be more impactful.
- A savvy marketer and storyteller. You know what a great marketing brief looks like, you always keep the customer / audience in mind, and you use your marketing skills to up-level our creative outputs.
- An authentic evangelist for Calm, mindfulness, and the mental health space.
- Experience using virtual event platforms such as Hopin, Livestorm, Zoom, etc
- Comfortable with with Hubspot, Salesforce, and other B2B marketing tools
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 80+ Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000+ new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
We’re happy to partner with BOH to attract more diverse talent.